<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, June 22, 2006

To Africa... 

Hi friends,

I'm heading to Senegal in the morning for a month of cultural immersion, school building, documentary production and just plain fun.
The opportunity there is courtesy of a small organization with big
dreams, Senecorps, and should be quite unlike any I've ever had.

From Senegal I'm heading up to Paris then on to Scotland to catch up
with some friends too long unseen. As fate would have it, several
friends from different parts of the world should all be in Edinburgh
at that time. Sometimes you just get lucky that way.

I remember wishing in 1995 before beginning a similarly grand domestic
adventure into our national parks that I could easily disseminate
photos and thoughts to my community. In those nascent days of the
internet, I probably could have done so, but expenses and my budget
were at odds. And most of my community wasn't looking at anything on
the web.

This time I'm hoping to stay in touch with folks via email, postings
to an almost never used blog at www.johnnyc.net and via my flickr account at flickr.johnnyc.net . Between now and my next posting, check out the slew of photos that are up there now. They include that '95 adventure.

I hope to return to the US energized by the experience, excited by new
relationships, and informed by a new depth and breadth of perspective on the world. I look forward to hearing about your adventures and experiences this summer too.

Please pass this info on to anyone you think might want to follow along. Comment on the blog and pictures. And please let me know if
you'd rather not receive these emails.

Peace.
-johnnyC

PS If you've called me in the past few days and I haven't gotten back
to you, I'm sorry. Drop me an email. I'll talk to you down the
road.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?